Spring 14 is coming soon! Here are the highlights for this release and how they will help you as a Salesforce user.
1. Multiple Forecast Types
You can use multiple forecast types—
-Opportunities based on revenue, quantity and both
-Product family based on revenue, quantity or both
-Opportunity splits based on revenue
Here you can see forecast by opportunity revenue:
Here this screen shows forecast by Product Family:
Not only can you setup multiple forecast types, you can also display different fields based on each forecast type.
How can this help you? Let’s say you have custom fields on opportunities related to product families based on selling certain products to certain industries, you can display these fields for the forecast by product family.
2. Salesforce1 Enhancements:
Access Twitter profiles, profile images and tweets for Accounts, Contacts and now, Leads in Salesforce1. The new “People in Common” feature helps sales people discover common connections between all three records.
Salesforce1 will display up to five connections even though the individual can have more connections.
If you liked the Today feature in Salesforce 1, you will love how easy it will be for you to let your meeting members know that you are running late in your appointment with just two clicks: First the email icon on the event record and the second a canned template button. No more fumbling for contact info or phone numbers.
3. New Orders Object
Are you enjoying the embedded chart feature in Salesforce? Well now you can see the same embedded chart in a record on Salesforce
Salesforce is introducing Orders object with Spring 14. This object will also be available in Salesforce1.4. Chatter Topics to Organize Records
The order life cycle starts at the account and contract level. Once the order is created order products are added using the price book associated with the order. Orders can be setup to be reviewed. Once an order is ready to be provisioned or shipped, the order is ready to be activated. After the order is activated, users can provision or ship products that were purchased.
The orders object has permissions and can be customized like any other object in Salesforce.
Chatter topics organizes records which makes them easier to find. Topics are very similar to the old tags.
Topics will also help you when you use global search. As you are typing your search terms, you will see topics that match your recent items list and below that you will see suggested topics ordered by the number of people talking about the topics.
5. Post Announcements in Chatter Groups
How many times have you wanted to make an announcement and wished that it would be highlighted? Well now you can! The announcements now have its own icon and it is highlighted in yellow. It is also displayed when the group picture is added to the chatter feed.
6. Private Messages and Badges in Communities
You can now send a private message to another member within the community. Users can now give, receive and create badges. This is great to recognize other members of the community.7. Embed Report Charts in Visual Force Pages
This feature now gives the admins the power to add charts to a visual force page and embed it in a record page or home page with one simple line of code where you provide the report id.
How often have your managers asked if you can show a report summary on the home page? Now you can do that very easily by providing the report id in the visual force component and now you can put it on the home page with a dashboard like functionality. These charts are visible in Salesforce1.
8. Core Analytics Enhancement
- Flexible sorting in reports if you have three groups in your summary report; you can now sort each group by its values, amount or record count.
- Hide unused report types; this feature is very useful for organizations that have created custom report types and are no longer using them. Admins can now hide these so they don’t show up when users are building new reports.
- Export reports without footers; this is a great feature for users who are downloading reports all the time to work with the data in Excel docs so that the headers are visible when you scroll down the rows or across columns
9. Named Dashboard Filter Values
- Floating Headers in Summary and Matrix Reports; this feature is very much like freezing rows and columns in Excel or
Just like forecast categories you can now group different values in your dashboard filters and give these a nickname. These named filters reduce clutter and give users the ability to quickly change their dashboard views.
1. Drag and drop files to an email message in Case Feed.
2. Inline Images in the Case Feed Email.
3. Automatically Associate Outgoing Emails with Contacts
4. Topic List available as a Case Feed Sidebar Tool
5. Multi Monitor support for Salesforce Console
6. Social Customer Service allows the Customer Service Rep to respond to Customers via Social Networks